Wayne Died in the Finale
I listen to a few TD3 podcasts, and nobody picked up on what I thought was a pretty clear allegory to Wayne’s death. In the 2nd to last scene, Amelia more or less come to “fetch” him with some dialog that could be interpreted in a few ways, and they disappear into the white door together. This sort of expands the last scene’s meaning … maybe Wayne disappearing into the jungle is his cosmic penance -either purgatory or Hell. Or maybe that is Wayne’s “heaven” … to forever be on the hunt.
Anywho, Great show! Thank you!
-Michael “@SnarquisDeSade” Wolfe, Chicago
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/true-detective-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com