Umm Actually, Jon Did Not Betray Daenerys
My wife and I love the podcast, but we have a big old umm actually for Big D.
In the most recent podcast Big D says Jon betrayed Dany by breaking his promise and telling his siblings about his true parentage. Big D might want to rewatch the scene between Dany and Jon again. He clearly tells her that he is going to tell Sansa and Arya. He never promises or even intimates that he will keep it a secret from the Stark sisters. Sorry Big D, but there was no betrayal here.
As an aside, that scene was really a call back to Viserys in season 1 when he is attempting to steal the dragon eggs and leave. He told Jorah he sees the way people look at Dany, just as Dany said to Jon in this scene. Viserys was desperate and isolated and began lashing out. The same thing is happening to Dany now. She entered that room with Jon to desperately attempt to seduce and manipulate him. It didnt work.
Love the pod. Keep up the great work.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/game-of-thrones-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com
- Theme Song – “Seven Nation Army (Epic Orchestral Cover)” – Ciaran Burch