True Detective Episode 3 Review “The Big Never”
True Detective Episode 3
WARNING: Explicit language from the get-go as we decode Episode 3 of “True Detective” Season 3. Confused about this one? You’re not alone.
After episodes 1 and 2 held our hand through all the clues to the Purcell kids’ death and disappearance, Episode 3 knocked all the clues on the ground like so many Dungeons and Dragons dice in a forest.
Let’s venture into the darkest parts of Wayne Hays’ memory, dissect his relationship with Amelia, and finally answer “what’s that gun for?”
Seeing Wayne, Roland, and Tom Purcell in 1990 gave us a lot of context for the web woven between the three men, and Gene thinks he knows the first guy to take the fall for the crimes in West Finger.
Wondering about the notes? Us, too! Worried about the Trash Man? Who isn’t? Hungry for another Dick Ebert Bible lesson? You’re gonna get one anyway!
Have a listen and write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you think, then join us Thursday for listener email on The Watch edition of Shat on TV: True Detective.
Episode 3: Hays recalls his early romance with Amelia, as well as cracks in their relationship that surfaced after they married; ten years after the Purcell crimes, new evidence emerges, giving Hays a second chance to vindicate himself and the investigation.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/true-detective-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Donate with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com