True Detective Episode 1 & 2 Reviews
True Detective – Episode 1 & 2 Reviews “The Great War and Modern Memory” & “Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye”
True Detective Season 3 finally is here! HBO treated us to a double-header Sunday night, and fans are eating it up. Mahershala Ali is on fire, the spookiness is back, and Stephen Dorff’s wig is absolutely criminal.
Run down our list of suspects and dig deep into the meanings behind Wayne Hays’ memories. We compare the clear links between this season and the West Memphis Three and toss around some tinfoil about the clues fans spotted in the first two episodes.
The Shat on TV crew also applauds some standout performances and artistic decisions before The King Bee asks the question on everyone’s mind: Would you rather be convicted of a crime you didn’t commit or be fatally stricken by a bus?
True Detective fan mail from listeners Ashley and Mitch cover the meaning behind the Robert Penn Warren poem being read by Amelia and high hopes for Season 3.
Have a listen and write us at email@example.com to let us know what you think.
Episode 1: The next installment tells the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks, and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods.
Episode 2: Hays looks back at the aftermath of the 1980 Purcell case, including possible evidence left behind at an outdoor hangout for local kids; as attention focuses on two conspicuous suspects, the parents of the missing children receive a cryptic note.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/true-detective-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com