The Scorpions Are Physically Impossible
My friend Anthony shared this podcast with me after I shared my gripes with the Battle of Winterfell. I really enjoyed your deep dive of episode 3.
The scorpion evolution you all spoke about on the first look for the new episode got me intrigued.
Watching episode four, I was trying to determine if it’s possible to pierce the dragon’s exterior using a bolt from as far away as the ships were. Do we know how tough their exterior really is? Do we know if these wooden contracted scorpions can even handle the reaction force of launching a projectile with that much energy?
I tried to use a calculator from longrods.ch/perfcalc.php
I read a lost from u/Frocharocha on Reddit who did the math and determined the scorpions are physically impossible. https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/blhgmk/spoilers_the_scorpion_bolts_in_s08e04_are/
Bascially are there any assumptions we may have incorrect on the speed of the projectiles, materials, or dragon’s toughness?
- Android: https://shatontv.com/game-of-thrones-android
- Apple/iTunes: https://shatontv.com/game-of-thrones-itunes
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop / Merchandise: https://shatontv.com/shop
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/game-of-thrones-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com
- Theme Song – “Seven Nation Army (Epic Orchestral Cover)” – Ciaran Burch