In season one, the MiB was told over and over the Maze was not for him. But he continued to pursue it not understanding the true purpose of the Maze. In this season, I believe, the hosts pursued the Door not knowing it real purpose and that is was not meant for them.
In “Journey Into Night” the MiB is told by young Robert
“But now you’re in my game. In this game you have to make it back out. In this game YOU must find the door. Congratulations William. This game is meant for YOU.”
So just like in the first season, the Maze was not for William, in this season, the Door is not for the hosts. Instead of the large crack leading the hosts to “Eden” I believe the real Door was what William passed though/into during the after credits scene.
Since I believe MiB is still human at this point, he also would have not been able to see the crack. Thus it could not be the door young Robert was referring to.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/westworld-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com
- WebPlayer (All Episodes) – https://shatontv.com/westworld-web-player
- Theme Song – “The Ecstasy Of Gold” (Hip Hop Instrumental Version) by Dj 2 Bad