The Bells… Oh My!
thanks for your podcast. I think it’s great.
I’ve just finished watching “The Bells” and I’d like to share some ideas with you.
I may be wrong, but I’m getting the vibe that the show is trying to send the untimely message that killing people is wrong. I find it strange that a show famous for the saying “anybody can be killed” seems to be raising the question of how moral it is to kill people. I found it disturbing that Daenerys is being portrayed as a crazy person for thinking of going to war and killing her enemies. Tyrion didn’t seem to have so many questions when his father or brother were on the battlefield. No one was raising eyebrows when people were being butchered in the previous seven seasons.
Regarding the brave Jon Snow, I find his character flatter and flatter. He isn’t moving an inch and frankly I think he ‘s boring. War is the mother of all crimes and I don’t understand why he is so upset that no one is following the rules. Is he deranged?
I also find it disappointing that Jamie didn’t die on the beach, but managed to meet Cersei and die with her in the Red Keep.
Finally, I hate the fact that the two queens, the strongest women in Westeros, are depicted as cold, rejected, angry and unhinged. It’s a cliché. It’s unfair.
Well, these are my thoughts. What do you think?
Thanks again for your great podcast.
Valerio, Naples, Italy.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/game-of-thrones-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com
- Theme Song – “Seven Nation Army (Epic Orchestral Cover)” – Ciaran Burch