Listening to the podcast discussion of the overcrowding of topics in Lovecraft Country. The idea that dealing with Elder terror monsters and Jim Crow racism is too much for one show to fully confront.
I think to understand the way the show is trying to tackle both these elements you have to go back the HP Lovecrafts stories. In those stories black and brown people, foreigners, and racial mixing are (both subtly and often quite blatantly) the source of the horror.
This show (if it succeeds) can flip that and use the wonderful monsters Lovecraft created as a window into the racism and xenophobia that inspired them.
- Android: https://shatontv.com/lovecraft-country-android
- Apple/iTunes: https://shatontv.com/lovecraft-country-itunes
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop / Merchandise: https://shatontv.com/shop
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/lovecraft-country-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Listen to our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com