Light of The Seven
So I thought it was super interesting detail that in the end credits of the episode they chose to play basically a revamped version of “Light of the Seven”, which was the song that played in Season 6 as Cersei was blowing up the Sept of Baelor. It really made me think of the parallels between Daenerys torching King’s Landing and Cersei blowing up the Sept. Both were done out of the realization that while this entity still existed they would never have true power, and also out of the fear/anger that they would not be accepted or loved and the hopelessness that comes with that.
It is also interesting to note that Cersei blowing up the Sept, at least in my opinion, is the point where she has really lost everyone she is close to. She has Pycell murdered which can basically be equated to Daenerys roasting Varys, and they only person she really has left that she trusts to blindly follow her is Qyburn, which I guess for Daenerys would probably be Greyworm. Not sure where this will take us next episode, but a super interesting comparison, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Daenerys continue down her dark path.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/game-of-thrones-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com
- Theme Song – “Seven Nation Army (Epic Orchestral Cover)” – Ciaran Burch