GOT S8 E5: Burn Baby Burn! Wildfire Question
I really liked the visual of wildfire explosions going off as Kings Landing burned, not because I have quickly gone “Mad Fan” and relished the populace being incinerated. Rather it raised a question in my mind:
Were the wildfire explosions around the city relics of the Mad King in Robert’s Rebellion that was being poetically caused by the new “Mad Queen” OR… did Cersei have them placed there as a plot to destroy King’s Landing in an “if I can’t have it, no one will”.
In other words does the wildfire going off signify the inevitability of King’s Landing’s destruction by the daughter fulfilling her daddy’s wishes or the inevitability of King’s Landing’s destruction at the hands of TWO “Mad Queens” hell-bent on merciless destruction?
To me, the second option would fit the show’s narrative of showing the everyday citizens as pawns in a cruel game between the elites.
Interested to hear your take. I’ve enjoyed your podcasts this season so much, I am literally going back and listening to your podcasts on past seasons, just to get deeper insights.
Thank you for your hard work!
Chris from Pensacola, Florida
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/game-of-thrones-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com
- Theme Song – “Seven Nation Army (Epic Orchestral Cover)” – Ciaran Burch