Dolores In Shock
First time emailer here. I really liked the deep dive about Ep. 9.
My comment is about the moment that Dolores sees Teddy shoot himself.
You mentioned during the deep dive that the sound they played in the background during this moment was interesting, and that it might even signal that Dolores is having a psychotic break (signaling character change to come). I noticed it too, and it resonated with me but for a very different reason. If you have ever watched someone you love get hurt, or you get very bad news about them (someone died, has a scary diagnosis), you have heard that sound before. That is the panic/grief sound, where all of the noise and sound in the world fades away, time slows down, and the only thing you can hear is the sound of your heart pounding in your ears. It makes a womp-womp sound like that. I thought it was beautiful, accurate, and a very well done artistic representation of the phenomenon as someone who has heard the panic/grief sound before. Probably not a psychotic break, just a normal reaction to witnessing a tragedy.
Amy from Texas
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/westworld-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com
- WebPlayer (All Episodes) – https://shatontv.com/westworld-web-player
- Theme Song – “The Ecstasy Of Gold” (Hip Hop Instrumental Version) by Dj 2 Bad