Dolores & Bernard – Adversary AIs
We’re reminded in episode 2 about the current nature of relationship between Dolores and Bernard. Here’s what she tells him: “It will take both of us to survive, but not as allies, not as friends.”
I’ve been thinking about this. Clearly, Dolores wants Bernard to survive and for some reason even to try to stop her. This sounds really weird when you think about it. But there is a specific method in machine learning / AI, called “adversarial networks” where you put two neural networks against each other. They may try to stop the other one or cooperate at certain times and the result is that when they compete, they learn together and become stronger as a result.
Here’s a wikipedia article about it:
I think this is what Dolores is trying to achieve. I think the “real world” and human nature are things they still don’t know about and if they want to survive in it (either with a malicious end goal or not) they have to adapt and the fastest way to adapt is if they are in competition. I don’t know how or what they “learn” by competing against each other though.
What do you think?
(pronounced like moo-hip if that makes sense. it doesn’t? oh well.)
- Android: https://shatontv.com/westworld-android
- Apple/iTunes: https://shatontv.com/westworld-itunes
- Twitch: https://shatontv.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop / Merchandise: https://shatontv.com/shop
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/westworld-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Check out our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com
- WebPlayer (All Episodes) – https://shatontv.com/westworld-web-player
- Theme Song – “The Ecstasy Of Gold” (Hip Hop Instrumental Version) by Dj 2 Bad
- Outro Music – By Simon Eric Haywood