Dany’s Tipping Point
UK listener to the podcast, which I’ve enjoyed immensely.
I can’t help but think that the preferred route for Dany’s escalation to mass genocide ought to have been as follows:
Rhaegal is not killed off in the previous episode by a, frankly implausible, surprise shot from a scorpion mounted on Euron’s ship.
Rather, in Bells, Dany actually accedes to the surrender when the bells toll. She manages to quell her anger. However, at that moment (out of fear or otherwise) a stray marksman fires a scorpion shot. This kills Rhaegal.
At that moment, Dany’s anger cannot be contained. Some would argue, reasonably so. She has shown one last act of mercy and even this has been met by another severe betrayal. This is the proverbial straw that breaks the camel’s back. Upon seeing her child dragon fall to a bloody heap in the Red Keep, a red mist descends and Dany’s proceeds to torch the entire city.
Having become acquainted with her character, that intuitively feels like a more likely progression to the events at the end of Bells
But hey, it is what it is – and I still enjoyed the episode and your instant take! Keep up the good work for one more episode.
Gary Ali, The UK
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/game-of-thrones-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com
- Theme Song – “Seven Nation Army (Epic Orchestral Cover)” – Ciaran Burch