American Gods Is Boring
So I’ve read the book. I actually found it quite boring. I read a lot, and I’m not usually highly critical. But this is one of the few books I’ve read that I really was not moved by.
Also, it’s so slim on plot. How do they stretch the book into 3 seasons? Are we gonna have a whole season in Lakeside?
So my questions:
- Why did you like the book?
- How will the make an exciting series out of this book?
- Did you find the first 2 episodes fulfilling?
Love your podcast. Sorry to be so negative.
P.S. I realize I was very negative, so I should say McShane is great and I even like the blank slate quality of Shadow Moon. I also very much enjoyed the slave ship monologue last episode. I’m also pleased to see issues of belief, race, immigration and native peoples stories on TV. Overall though, next episode better be great for me to stick around.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/american-gods-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com